7188Re: [SCA-MissileCombat] Makers of Xbows and longbows?

  • Siegfried Sebastian Faust
    Oct 2, 2001
      At 05:27 PM 10/2/2001 -0700, John Edgerton wrote:
      >Would anyone that has the names and addresses, snail and email, of
      >makers of medieval style longbows or crossbows, please post them to the
      >list? A short description of what they make would also be most helpful.

      Reposting this since the question was reposted ... below was my previous
      answer to Crossbows:

      --- Answer Below ---
      Iolo's email is: crossbow@... and/or iolo@... ... Send to
      both of them, and one will reach him.

      I have made a few myself, and am just beginning making them for others ...
      but anyway: eliwhite@...

      Also, the guy who runs Meric Archery makes a fair bit of crossbows (sorry,
      I'm blanking on his name) but his email is: meric@...

      Master Ailean has made PLENTY, although is in 'semi-retirement', email is:
      AGPitts@...

      Master Fritz Bare is a great maker ... email seems to be:
      f.klecka@...

      There is a great maker of crossbow, combat in particular, in AEthlemarc ...
      and I can't remember his name for the life of me. When he fights he wears a
      crusaders tabard ... someone help me out?
      --- End Answer ---

      Siegfried

      Baronial Web Minister http://highland-foorde.atlantia.sca.org
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic