7185Re: arrow materials

  • greytaylor@worldnet.att.net
    Sep 30, 2001
      Oy, Lad, you've got me there! All I do is watch for it at the side
      of the road and go cut the stuff. I'll see if I can't get some this
      coming week out at the war site and take a closer look at it. Worse
      comes to worse I'll mail you samples and let you dig through the
      taxonamy books :-)

      Taillear

      --- In SCA-Archery@y..., blkknighti@a... wrote:

      > In a message dated 9/30/01 3:10:50 AM, greytaylor@w... writes:
      >
      > << of us in the California Atlatl Assoc. use Phragmities
      > reed that we find locally in great abundance. This reed has the
      > right amount of flex and throws very well. >>
      >
      > Which of the genus of Phragmites are you guys using? What is the
      common name?
      > Could you describe the flowering portion? ie- is it the "cats-
      tail" or the
      > willowy type?
      > I am recreating Lenape arrows which also used the reed shaft and
      hardwood
      > business end The specific genus of phragmite reed would be a help
      to me.
      > Currently I am attempting it with the "cats-tail" type.
      >

      > Ricahrd
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic