7183Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: arrow materials

  • blkknighti@aol.com
    Sep 30, 2001
      In a message dated 9/30/01 3:10:50 AM, greytaylor@... writes:

      << of us in the California Atlatl Assoc. use Phragmities
      reed that we find locally in great abundance. This reed has the
      right amount of flex and throws very well. >>

      Which of the genus of Phragmites are you guys using? What is the common name?
      Could you describe the flowering portion? ie- is it the "cats-tail" or the
      willowy type?
      I am recreating Lenape arrows which also used the reed shaft and hardwood
      business end The specific genus of phragmite reed would be a help to me.
      Currently I am attempting it with the "cats-tail" type.

      Ricahrd
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic