7075Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Horse Archery

  • felix47@juno.com
    Sep 2, 2001
      I also saw the gentle whom you seek, and spoke with him for a few moments
      but didn't think to ask where he was from. He had the weirdest style of
      shooting I've ever seen-gripping the bow (one of Kassai's Magyars, I
      believe) with his left hand, parallel to the ground, palm down with the
      string OVER the arm, and drawing with the right so that the thumbs faced
      each other. He had pretty bad accuracy, and when I questioned him about
      the style, he said that it was a style of horse archery. If anyone
      recognizes this, please post to the net.
      YIS, Ld. Felix, Saethyr Fyrdman
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic