6488Re: [SCA-Archery] Archery Targets

  • James Mcadams
    Jul 9, 2001
      > There was a commerical range that used the black insulation board that is
      > used behind brick along the gulf coast. They cut it into 12"x36" strips and
      > stacked them up to 30"high. They were compressed with 3/8"threaded rod and
      > 2x6,s as far as I know they lasted for about 3years. The sheets cost about
      > $6.00 or so. You can cut them with a electric hand saw.

      A range here does likewise, with the additions of using heavy
      plastic wrap to separate it into 10-12" bundles. Not only do you get
      some weatherproofing, but you break it down into more easily managed
      pieces for transport or re-shuffling.

      Jim McAdams | Do,
      jmcadams@... | or Do Not.
      630-859-6902 | There is no "Try". - Yoda
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic