      From: [Unknown Sender]
      To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: May 2, 2001 3:25:31 PM GMT
      Subject: [SCA-Archery] Re: New range

      >> International standards call for the target center to be 130cm (51
      >> 3/16") from average level ground. This being the SCA we can use
      >> what we please but I find 48-56" most comfortable for most archers.
      >> Carolus von Eulenhorst

      > See, now from my last post giving the 2.5-3' ... I would find the
      > above 4-4.5' target a 'bit high' Although I do guess that these
      > are about the heights that the ones at Pennsic use. Which can be a
      > bit high for a short person. If you have a 5' tall archer, their
      > arms are just going to reach the top of the target.

      In tournament I can see having the center 130cm off the ground
      because you are firing at 122cm targets (48" face). That place the
      edge of the target roughly 2' off the deck. One must consider the
      bottom of the target when you think of the 130cm reg. If you placed
      the bottom of the target at 27" you have the center at 3'3" on a 60cm
      target. Well within your comfort zone.

      It is my personal opinion however that you allow the archer to place
      the target at what ever height they so desire. If they enjoy
      shooting they will return. Remember this is supposed to be fun so
      give them their favorite shot.

      Michael

      Brought to you eGroups Ad Free in 2001 by Baron Bows

      In service to the dream,
      Carolus von Eulenhorst
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic