6073RE: [SCA-Archery] New range

  • Siegfried Sebastian Faust
    May 2, 2001
      At 04:24 PM 5/1/2001 -0400, you wrote:
      >International standards call for the target center to be 130cm (51 3/16")
      >from average level ground. This being the SCA we can use what we please
      >but I find 48-56" most comfortable for most archers.
      >Carolus von Eulenhorst

      See, now from my last post giving the 2.5-3' ... I would find the above
      4-4.5' target a 'bit high' Although I do guess that these are about the
      heights that the ones at Pennsic use. Which can be a bit high for a short
      person. If you have a 5' tall archer, their arms are just going to reach
      the top of the target.

      Alot of it is personal preference. But I do still say, as long as it isn't
      on the ground, and as long as it isn't 'too high that people can't reach it
      & overshots go REALLY over', then I think almost anything in between is
      just fine.

      Siegfried

      Lord Siegfried Sebastian Faust Baronial Web Minister & Archery Marshal