6071Re: [SCA-Archery] New range

  • archer3@webtv.net
    May 1, 2001
      I like the mark about chest high, but wait, let's see, three bales of
      straw are about......and the middle is about.......
      Seriously though, three bales will work, four is also an option. Straw
      is cheap enough and will hold up if it isn't too old. Just remember to
      drive stakes and run a rope over the top, or if you use frames, to
      provide a line to the ground for stabilization of the frame, unless you
      live somewhere that the wind doesn't blow! :-)
      On my home range I put the straw on a pallet to help prevent rot.

      Damian >>~~~>
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic