      From: Bob & Nancy Upson [SMTP:wyvern@...]
      Sent: Monday, September 06, 1999 1:01 PM
      To: SCA-Archery@onelist.com
      Subject: RE: [SCA-Archery] period archery company - re-re-revisited

      From: "Bob & Nancy Upson" <wyvern@...>

      > A bodkin point may not look a whole lot different, but the penetration
      > compared to target point is quite different. A bodkin has a long slender
      > point that offers very little resistance as it penetrates. A properly
      made

      FWIW, there are period bodkin designs that don't penetrate much
      more than a standard field or bullet point. I have a few of them on
      my arrows and don't find overpenetration to be a problem. While
      the longer bodkins you alluded to would be problematic, the shorter
      styles are, IMHO, quite acceptable for SCA target use.

      Macsen

      ONElist: your connection to like-minds and kindred spirits.