4514Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Pennsic CA

  • Hugh Prescott
    Jan 3, 2001
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Siegfried Sebastian Faust <eliwhite@...>
      To: <SCA-Archery@egroups.com>
      Sent: Wednesday, January 03, 2001 7:27 AM
      Subject: RE: [SCA-Archery] Re: Pennsic CA

      Snip

      > Siegfried
      >
      > (PS. Plus that is an AWFULLY steep hill to have an entire army on safely
      > ... I'm just imagining the first person at the top who dies defensively,
      > starts rolling, and watching the rest of the army go out like
      > dominoes. Would be fun to watch, but not to be part of *grin*)

      Or worse, the attacking forces will be on the hillside in the Poison Ivy
      patch.

      Just need to hold the fort for 24 hours and many of the attackers will have
      other problems.

      Folks, that hill is steep and covered with poison ivy. I have had to run up
      the hill three times while marshalling archery because 1. Some clown wanted
      to get a better view of archery 2. a pair of lovers woke up on the hill
      after a night of drinking & ....... 3. An intoxicated person passed out
      during the night woke up and decided the shortest distance to his stash was
      down the hill through the targets.

      Build the fort any place but on the hill.

      Any old Pennsic veterans want to tell the story of Eislin ? My shire (our
      second Pennsic) was one of the groups that camped on the hill the one year
      it was allowed.

      Hugh
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic