4099Re: [SCA-Archery] crossbow bolts

  • PLUNKETTARCHER@WEBTV.NET
    Nov 30, 2000
      GREETINGS TO THE LIST. PARDON THE CAPS, BUT I HAVE "FUMBLE FINGERS"..
      HA-HA. IN REGARD TO THE USE OF INSERTS IN THE BOLT. THEY CAN'T HURT. BUT
      I DON'T USE THEM ON MINE. I HAVE GONE TO A 3/8TH DIA, CUPPED END, LIKE A
      BIG NOCK. IT CATCHES THE STRING WELL. MY BOLTS ARE 5/16" AND 11/32".
      BOTH SIZES SHOOT GOOD. I SHOOT A X-BOW OF MY OWN DESIGN USING A HAN
      LOCK. IT ALSO HAS A FIBERGLASS PROD@70#@14"! 1/4"X1/4" FLAT BAR STOCK
      FROM TAP PLASTIC. $8.50 FOR A 6'PIECE. MAKES 2 PRODS! WRAP IN THIN
      LEATHER OR PAINT NICELY, PRESTO, AN ALMOST UNBREAKABLE PROD. HAVN'T HAD
      ANY PROBLEMS IN 5 YEARS!! IT WORKS WELL ENOUGH TO PUT ME IN 7TH PLACE
      IKAC PERIOD X-BOW. KNOWN WORLD. I AM FINISHING UP MY NEW CROSSBOW NOW.
      IT IS A 3RD CENTURY B.C. HAN REPLICA. CAN'T SAY IT ISN'T PERIOD!!!! IT
      WILL USE A KASAI SCYTHIAN BOW AS THE PROD. 80# @ 19 3/4". IT SURE LOOKS
      GOOD. [HUMBLY, HE SAID] WELL, SORRY TO BE WINDY. ANY QUESTIONS, EITHER
      EMAIL ME DIRECT OR LETS USE THIS LIST. YOURS IN THE DREAM. LORD ABNER DE
      PLUNKETT
      GUILD WARDEN
      NORTHERN MISTS ARCHERS GUILD
      WEST KINGDOM