3733Midrealm Winter Challenge

  • Bruce R. Gordon
    Oct 21, 2000
      Well, it's back for the eighth big year...

      MIDREALM WINTER ARCHERY SHOOT Anno Soc. XXXV

      All archers of the Known World are invited to participate
      in a winter archery competition from November 1, 2000
      through April 30, 2001. The shoot is the same (almost -
      NOTE: THE WAND TARGET HAS BEEN MODIFIED: CAREFULLY LOOK
      OVER THAT SECTION OF THE POSTED RULES) as previous years
      using the basic commercial target of any 5 ring 40 cm
      (16 inches) face. All rounds are shot at 20 yards. Each
      round will consist of two (2) ends. Equipment standards
      are as per SCA legal for your kingdom, or by default, the
      SCA target archery rules. There is no traditional equipment
      bonus or requirement. Participating archers should include
      with the scores sent, this info: SCA name, MKA, their SCA
      group, (and Kingdom, if outside the Midrealm), the type
      of bow (crossbow, longbow, recurve or other), the bow's draw
      weight, and whether or not any sight marks on limbs or
      crossbow rear sights were used. ...Etc.

      For the details:
      http://web.raex.com/~obsidian/wint.html
      or e-mail me directly for an e-mail copy of the current
      (changed) rules.

      The Challenge commences one second after midnight, Nov. 1;
      and I will gleefully start posting scores as soon as I
      can that day.

      Good shooting to all, and I hope to hear from you soon.

      Forester Nigel FitzMaurice, Winter Challenge Coordinator
      (MKA) Bruce R. Gordon
      866 Beardsley, Apt. 1
      Akron, Ohio, 44311-2256

      obsidian@...