3589Re: [SCA-Archery] tassels?

  • James W. Pratt Jr.
    Oct 1, 2000
      Greetings Julianna

      My Lady made one for me as a token it is of handspun unwashed (nice shade of
      brown) wool. The bushy part of the tassel is about six inches long and
      makes a nice handfull when you grab it. I use it every time I shoot the
      clout for taking the dirt of the arrow points. It works great... the
      lanolin(sp) helps to keep rust off the points... the brown color keeps the
      dirt and rust from showing. The current English Longbow Society (Hardey"s
      long bow book) still uses them.

      James Cunnigham
      MIddle Kingdom

      > Greetings all! I've been a lurker here for awhile now, and I finally have
      > question that I hope can be answered by someone on this list. A friend of
      > mine recently earned her novice rank, and I wanted to make her a white
      > tassel as a gift and a token of our friendship. Does anyone know the
      > specifications for correct SCA tassels? I live in the Outlands, if that
      > matters at all.
      >
      > Thanks in advance,
      > Julianna Alianore de Vitre

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic