35512Re: [SCA-Archery] Saunders Indian Cord Archery Matts

  • Cameron deGrey
    Jun 13, 2014
      this came up on FB as well, if you can, between the layers of cardboard if you can pack the thin plastic bags you get from the grocery in about 2-5 inches thick, it stops missiles surprisingly well.also if you back or face it with the corrugated plastic signs (the kind you see realtors or politicians use on lawns) theat in combo with the bags makes a great backer, and potentially all free!

      On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 2:50 PM, 'rdsandusky@...' rdsandusky@... [SCA-Archery] <SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Chris had been kind enough to let us know when we also inquired.

      We've dummied up some mats using foam and cardboard but the are only usable at 30+ yards otherwise the stronger bows shoot right through.

      We've decided to wait out the shortage.

      Robert the Tall
      Shire of Owlsherst

      Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

      From: Randal of Camusfearna randal_of_camusfearna@... [SCA-Archery] <SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com>;
      To: SCA-West-Archery@yahoogroups.com <SCA-West-Archery@yahoogroups.com>; SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com <SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com>;
      Subject: [SCA-Archery] Saunders Indian Cord Archery Matts
      Sent: Fri, Jun 13, 2014 6:43:35 PM

      I have been shopping for replacement archery matts for my Barony, Principality and Kingdom, and keep seeing that Saunders is out of stock on all of their Indian Cord matts.  I finally sent them an inquiry, and here is the response from their CEO:

      "Thank you for contacting us. This winter we had a major water line, which feeds the sprinkler system in the matt winding building, freeze and burst. We are still trouble shooting problems with custom electrical systems. The problem may be resolved soon or it may take months to repair. We are sorry for this delay and wish we could give you an accurate start up date but I'm afraid that is just not possible."

      In light of the recent bad reviews on the Zen matts, I wanted the archery community to be aware of this issue with one of the alternative suppliers.

      YIS, Randal of Camusfearna

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic