    Nov 7, 2013
      32" is the longest you will find from suppliers in wood. You can get bamboo from Ebay up to 40" and the quality has come a long way in the last 5 or 6 years. Other than that you can foot the wood shafts or get a dowel maker and spin your own shafts. The trouble here is that you have very little control over spine and would have to run 100+ to get a dozen that are very close.

      Janyn

      On Thursday, November 7, 2013 2:41 PM, Lynn Palmieri <lynn.palmieri@...> wrote:

      You could try a special order from a direct manufacture like Wapiti Archery.  I'm sure it will be more expensive, and you may have to make a minimum purchase, but it's worth asking.  The only other arrow manufacturing tip I know you could try is to add length to existing shafts by "footing" them.  There are books and online sites that show you how this is done, and you can purchase pre-made footings from 3 Rivers Archery or other suppliers.  Also a note of caution; in general, you should not let those with longer draw lengths than yourself use your bow.  They can over-draw your bow and create damage or snap it.  I have lost a bow that way.
      Good luck.
      Sincerely, Elynor.

      From: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com [mailto:SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of chimericalgirl@...
      Sent: Thursday, November 07, 2013 11:13 AM
      To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [SCA-Archery] arrow length

      Hello,
      A friend of mine is over 6 ft, and he has a really long draw length. I let him try my arrows, which are a 32" shaft, but they were still a little short for him. An arrow-maker I know told me that 32 is the longest thats available, i was just double checking is that true? And if so, what do you really tall people do, just not ever pull back all the way? Any suggestions for my friend? Thanks for all the help! :)

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic