      I make shafts longer than that all the time. When I cut the raw shafts I'm usually at 35" but I've made raw shafts at 42" before (just the length of the wood and I knew I wasn't getting more out of it by cutting). Probably why I'm popular with the two 6'7" archers I know.
      How far from full draw is he
      With a 32" shaft?

      On Nov 7, 2013, at 2:32 PM, Dayrl Merrill <dmerrill@...> wrote:

      There are bamboo shafts that are longer and a footed shaft can be made that can lengthen the shafts there is also a repair tool that can be used to lengthen the shafts. So there are ways but none are necessarily cheap.  Is it possible to find a consistent anchor point that will be within the 32" maximum of standard shafts?

      Rask,
      Viking Archery Supply
      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Thursday, November 07, 2013 2:13 PM
      Subject: [SCA-Archery] arrow length

      Hello,

      A friend of mine is over 6 ft, and he has a really long draw length. I let him try my arrows, which are a 32" shaft, but they were still a little short for him. An arrow-maker I know told me that 32 is the longest thats available, i was just double checking is that true? And if so, what do you really tall people do, just not ever pull back all the way? Any suggestions for my friend? Thanks for all the help! :)

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic