35062Archery supplies

  • richard johnson
    Nov 7, 2013
      I just received my feathers and points from Sagittarius archery  (sagarchery.com) .
      At $22/100 for 4" parabolic feathers, Sag was the cheapest place I could find that would see in volume.
      their 11.32 cedar shafts go for $24/doz with points at 30/$10.

      It's a small family business that only takes phone orders (the woman had to walk upstaris to get decent reception when I placed my order) which I like over the faceless conglomerates.

      It took roughly two weeks to receive my order of: 200 black and 100 white 4" feathers plus 4 dozen points.  the points tore through the recyclable soy zip-lock bag they used.  The feathers were in the hardier non-recyclable zip-lock.. go figure, but the box  kept everything safe.
      I'll try their shafts later one when I need more and see how those are.

      I'm taking my 42"  "longbow" kayak camping this weekend for some stump shooting (I made a waterproof case for the bow that straps to my deck) and will begin to make more arrows when I get back.

      So, I have to recommend:
      * Sagittarius archery for fletchings and points.
      * GIBow.com for longbows.

      On the other hand, there is a chinese company (zhengzhong tang) that uses AliExpress as an Asian Amazon.  gread prices $16/doz w/ free shipping...
      I like the shafts and LOVE the points  BUT....
      I ordered 11/32 shafts and they sent me a much thinner shaft.
      Communication with the companies is useless and I never received any reply so, once again, I cannot recommend Chinese companies regardless of their pricing.

      --
      Rick Johnson
      http://Rick-Johnson.webs.com