35033Re: [SCA-Archery] SCA Period Arrow Nocks

  • James Koch
    Nov 4 12:06 PM
      I believe the arrows are cedar.  If I remember correctly they were wrapped, but did not have inserts.
      Jim Koch "Gladius The Alchemist"
      >  At 09:07 PM 10/31/2013, you wrote:

      Have you tried horn inserts? Or Purple Heart? Maybe green heart or Ipe? What wood are the arrows?

      On Oct 31, 2013, at 9:36 PM, James Koch <alchem@...> wrote:

      Gentlemen & Ladies,
      Does anyone have links to information regarding glued on or inserted
      arrow nocks that would have been used prior to 1600CE? If so, please
      provide links. I was shooting pretty much SCA period arrows, but the
      wood nocks kept breaking even with the wood reinforcing and wrapping.
      Jim Koch "Gladius The Alchemist"
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic