35032Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Agincourt 600th Anniversary

  • David Nolan
    Nov 4, 2013
      From what I recall, yew warbows are preferred, though 'meane' woods ate acceptable (ash, oak). Self how's only, no laminations. Minimum draw weight of 75 lbs for men. Women do not have a minimum weight. Arrows must be compliant with the specs for ELBS (English longbow society) Standard arrows. This includes rules for length, fletch, weight, knocks and tips.

      In addition to the kit and garb rules, you'll need European accidental injury insurance.

      They're going for VERY accurate...and with bows expected in the 100-180 lb range, they're covering their bases (see the armored charge shoot).

      For a 600 year anniversary on the actual field of Agincourt...can't say that I blame them.

      Aengus O'Nolan

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Nov 4, 2013, at 1:46 PM, Kevin Smith <kevinsmith5@...> wrote:

      If they're being picky about garb and bow design probably not. If they're requiring period correct garb and bows that will narrow it down a lot. Especially if they demand the use of comparable draw weights.

      On Nov 4, 2013, at 1:29 PM, Taslen <taslen2000@...> wrote:

      And I am sure there are a bajillions archers allready signed up.

      Gaelen

      On Monday, November 4, 2013 1:16 PM, David Nolan <davnolan88@...> wrote:

      For those interested, be sure to visit their website: http://www.azincourt2015.info/

      The level of periodicity they're requiring for both kit and garb is relatively high, and the bows and arrows to be used follow strict guidelines. A few of us in the Middle have been eyeing this on the calendar for a while. Warbows...mmm mmm good.

      Aengus O'Nolan

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic