34881RE: Re: [SCA-Archery] SCA Period Arrow Nocks

  • jwandht
    Oct 31, 2013

      Jim I have seen nocks made out of horn and attached with sinew,

      They are Persian 1600s here is a picture of them.

      http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ApXuKgXwiOI/S2IVStc1RSI/AAAAAAAAAs4/dRxsk73ZrXw/s1600/Nocks.JPG

      ---In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, <sca-archery@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Gentlemen & Ladies,

      Does anyone have links to information regarding glued on or inserted
      arrow nocks that would have been used prior to 1600CE? If so, please
      provide links. I was shooting pretty much SCA period arrows, but the
      wood nocks kept breaking even with the wood reinforcing and wrapping.

      Jim Koch "Gladius The Alchemist"
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic