34864Re: [SCA-Archery] What is Period Archery.

  • Kevin Smith
    Oct 31, 2013
      I think the idea is people are trying to avoid the expense of having to buy a new bow annually making people not wish to be period archers. Bit it seems if we allow fiberglass bows as period we'll just be making "period" the same as "open" minus cut shelves, right?

      On Oct 31, 2013, at 8:11 PM, Jim Pickette <pickette@...> wrote:

      Is "durable" one of the goals of the Period Archers' Guild?
      Please clarify, ye Pros From Dover.

      Your wisdom is needed real, real soon.

      JoO

      ---- Doug Copley <doug.copley@...> wrote:
      > I have to agree here. If the horsebow uses fiberglass so that it lasts
      > longer than the longbow should have the same rights. A cheep longbow that
      > sells for $80 is not going to last 5 or 6 years of heavy shooting.
      >
      > Vincenti
      >

      > On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 6:15 PM, Kevin Smith <kevinsmith5@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > Find me a durable (the reason for allowing fiberglass in horsebows, right)
      > > all wood Longbow for 100-200.
      > >
      > > On Oct 31, 2013, at 7:13 PM, Bai-Or <baiorofred@...> wrote:
      > >

      > > Selfbows in longbow style are comparable in price to fiberglass limb
      > > horsebows, usually somewhere between $100 to $200 dollars for an entry
      > > level bow. I have seen longbows that would qualify for as low as $80 and
      > > horsebows as low as $100. So, fiberglass does not make an entry level
      > > horsebow cheaper than an entry level longbow, just makes it not $1100
      > > dollars.
      > >

      > > EĆ³gan
      > > Archery Captain, Shire of Mynydd Seren
      > > http://rangersofmynyddseren.wix.com/archery