34425Re: [SCA-Archery] RE: arrows

  • Guy Taylor
    Oct 6, 2013
      http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i720.pdf

      See "What's New" on the first page, first column, second section.

      "Arrow shafts (IRS No. 106). For calendar year 2013 the tax on arrow
      shafts is $.48 per arrow shaft."

      This tax has been in place for quite some time. It was modified a few
      years ago due to lobbying from large synthetic material shaft
      manufacturers who saw an unfair discrepancy being applied to foreign
      shaft manufacturers. Unfortunately, domestic wood shafts got the raw
      end of the deal.
      This tax is paid by the manufacturers, not the retailer.

      Taillear

      On 10/6/13, Chris Ivins <yuriilev@...> wrote:
      > Don't know if this applies to the 'tax' you have been discussing, but I
      > recently made a purchase online from a business for one of my 'other'
      > hobbies/interests, and saw on the invoice that it said "Maryland State Sales
      > & Internet Tax". I emailed the seller and asked him what that was about,
      > since I don't live in Maryland, and Oregon doesn't have sales tax, his reply
      > is below.
      >
      > "In Maryland, internet based business's pay MD sales tax on all purchases
      > made from out of state and sales made through the internet.  Rather
      > than hide that tax by raising the price of the merchandise I prefer to
      > show it for what it is."
      >
      > So I don't know if this is something that all sellers are/will be doing, but
      > is this the new tax they might be referring to, or is it something
      > completely different?
      >

      > - Iurii

      The Greenman Archery <http://www.greenmanarchery.com/index.html> Website
      Fine custom wood arrows for traditional archers.
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic