34420RE: arrows

  • houseofgrey
    Oct 5, 2013

      Kinda surprised no one has recommended Rose City.  That's the company most businesses that sell cedar shafts get theirs from.  Check them out.  If you can swing buying 100 you get a better price.  They also offer lots of options, straight, guaranteed within 5 oz weight, pre-coated, etc.

      ---In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, <sca-archery@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      I finished a half-dozen arrows recently. As soon as i crest them with
      my Arms colors (black, red & white), I'll upload pics.

      Honestly, they turned out very nice! Much nicer than I expected!

      I had to stop at 6 only because I ran out of fletching<g>. But I can
      buy more B&W feathers this weekend (after the car is fixed) and I
      still have a dozen points in my box and 18 more shafts in the tube,
      already coated and protected.

      My current problem is that I lost the shipping label and forgot which
      company from whom I bought the shafts. So I went through 18 months of
      checks and found three companies that sell archery:

      I only buy bows and strings from GIBow.
      3Rivers shows that I buy points and minor things from them.
      RMArchery has no record of me as a customer despite me sending them
      $50 and since RM website no longer carries shafts, I am looking for a
      new supplier.

      Anyone care to share their favorite suppliers of shafts and why?
      Also, do you prefer Cedar, fir or another wood? and why?

      I've made arrows from pine dowels in the past with obvious problems so
      prefer cedar myself. I'm also willing to pay extra to have them
      pre-splined and guaranteed straight.

      Note: one company sells cedar shafts for $6 per dozen but will not
      guarantee straight grain or straight shafts... obviously I passed them

      Rick Johnson