34302Re: [SCA-Archery] arrow rest (need for one or using a glove)

  • JonThomme De Claydon
    Sep 18, 2013
      There are things you can mix with the wax which make it denser like repose metal working wax. But heat will always be a factor.
      JT

      On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 10:04 AM, John R. Edgerton <sirjon1@...> wrote:

      Since this done in the near east, where it can get rather warm, something such as resin or pitch may have been added to harden the wax.

      Jon

      Caley <caoillainn1@...> wrote:

      > Some archers in the Near East would create a hand grip by soaking a long
      > strip of cloth in melted bee's wax and then wrapping it around the grip
      > area of the bow. When it was still warm they would grasp it, where their
      > bow hand would normally be, until it cooled. Then, when they shot their
      > bow after this, their hand would always be in the same position.
      >
      > Jon

      I'm not sure this would work in the Southern regions. Would the beeswax
      melt in hot vehicles?

      Caley

      --
      In service to the dream