34300Re: [SCA-Archery] arrow rest (need for one or using a glove)

  • John R. Edgerton
    Sep 18, 2013
      Since this done in the near east, where it can get rather warm, something such as resin or pitch may have been added to harden the wax.

      Jon

      Caley <caoillainn1@...> wrote:

      > Some archers in the Near East would create a hand grip by soaking a long
      > strip of cloth in melted bee's wax and then wrapping it around the grip
      > area of the bow. When it was still warm they would grasp it, where their
      > bow hand would normally be, until it cooled. Then, when they shot their
      > bow after this, their hand would always be in the same position.
      >
      > Jon

      I'm not sure this would work in the Southern regions. Would the beeswax
      melt in hot vehicles?

      Caley
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic