34098Re: [SCA-Archery] I'm looking for a shoot for a event

  • Suzanne Lacey
    Sep 4, 2013
      Standard target size - 60 cm. I found a place where you can see the targets: http://s1122.photobucket.com/user/Goldenhind11/library/Target%20Archery?sort=3&page=1  Click on the first target and it will bring up a full size photo, then hit the arrow at the side to move to the others.

      On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 5:58 AM, Taslen <taslen2000@...> wrote:

      Sounds like a fun shoot what was the overall target size?

      From: Suzanne Lacey <goldenhind05@...>
      To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, September 4, 2013 12:26 AM
      Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] I'm looking for a shoot for a event

      We did an "off center" shoot last year that was a lot of fun. One target was a Christmas tree with blue, red, and black triangle tree sections, and a gold star on the top, one target looked sort of like an egg on acid with a yellow yolk at one end and the other colors painted around, while a third was an arc with odd sections painted in the various colors - you get the idea. We shot at 20 yds, the colors were all the usual point values, just not in the expected places. I tended to put low value colors next to the gold and to keep the gold splotch approximately the size, but not shape, it is on a standard target. Because we were in a park with a rocky hill for a background, I tried hard not to put the gold where the misses would miss the target altogether, so not in the corners. On at least one of the targets the gold was worth 6 points because it was harder to hit than usual. This turned out to be a really fun set of targets.

      On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 11:50 AM, Taslen <taslen2000@...> wrote:
      Hi all,

      I am looking for a shoot that can be ran at short range  (no more than 25 yards) and that is scored so that everyone gets points. These points will be added to other events during the day to give us a "King of the archers" They will then be awarded a hand made necklace that they wear until the next shoot in the spring (6 months).

      Gaelen O'Gradaigh
      Archery MiC
      for Melee at Roswell 2013

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic