34096Re: Re: [SCA-Archery] I'm looking for a shoot for a event

  • J C Ronsen
    Sep 4, 2013
      In Ealdormere, a few years ago, they had a stick figure shoot. 1 point for shooting inside of the head and 5 points for hitting a line. The figures were about 3' tall.

      Caleb from Work Land

      On 09/04/13, Suzanne Lacey wrote:

      We did an "off center" shoot last year that was a lot of fun. One target was a Christmas tree with blue, red, and black triangle tree sections, and a gold star on the top, one target looked sort of like an egg on acid with a yellow yolk at one end and the other colors painted around, while a third was an arc with odd sections painted in the various colors - you get the idea. We shot at 20 yds, the colors were all the usual point values, just not in the expected places. I tended to put low value colors next to the gold and to keep the gold splotch approximately the size, but not shape, it is on a standard target. Because we were in a park with a rocky hill for a background, I tried hard not to put the gold where the misses would miss the target altogether, so not in the corners. On at least one of the targets the gold was worth 6 points because it was harder to hit than usual. This turned out to be a really fun set of targets.

      On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 11:50 AM, Taslen <taslen2000@...> wrote:

      Hi all,

      I am looking for a shoot that can be ran at short range (no more than 25 yards) and that is scored so that everyone gets points. These points will be added to other events during the day to give us a "King of the archers" They will then be awarded a hand made necklace that they wear until the next shoot in the spring (6 months).

      Gaelen O'Gradaigh
      Archery MiC

      for Melee at Roswell 2013
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic