33831Re: [SCA-Archery] SCA & Fita rules Re:Archery rules question

  • bradb17703
    Jul 5, 2013
      Scores improve???

      In Æthelmearc no one touches any arrows until the scoring marshal is
      present (exception - deadwood or *noncounters*) Seldom do we allow archers
      to 'score' their own rounds and report to the marshal that score (although
      I *have* done that on occasion with archers I personally trust [usually a
      Marshal in their own right]) The count is added as the arrow is pulled and
      I can watch for any inadvertant 'movement' of the target. (Other marshals
      add all the arrows *prior* to removal if the target is not "buried" with
      an intense cluster of arrows in one area.) Either method requires a
      scoring Marshal to be present and witnissing the score. Ergo, little
      chance of "cheating" the score.

      Brada

      > While I find this entire thread interesting I also find it unnecessary.

      (snippage)

      > But I have also seen and heard archers who have their scores "improve" as
      > they walk back to the shooting line to report their score. Really? You
      > know, if it's that important to you, no problem. But YOU and I both know
      > what you did and who can shoot honestly and who can't.
      >
      > This is a hobby not a profession. I have yet to see anyone get a huge
      > contract to represent some archery company from an SCA shoot due to their
      > scores.
      >
      > Just saying,
      > cog

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic