33827Re: [SCA-Archery] Kingdom Bow Catagories

  • Chris Ivins
    Jul 4, 2013
      Thank you for the explanation, Sir Jon, I was playing catch-up with the posts and was about to comment on that, when I saw your post and quote of the rules. Also, the last two comments apply to about 80-90% of the modern recurves:

      "o Non-period arrow rests.
      o Take down bows."

      which would mean that it is not true that "...ANY modern, recurve, fiberglass longbow with an arrow rest is "Traditional",..." (or Period)

      Symon, if you are referring to this section,
      "i. Recurve: Any bow with recurved limb ends and a cutout sight window.
      Includes bows with only slightly recurved limb ends and cutout sight
      windows, where the string does not touch or only slightly touches the
      recurved portion of the limb. Includes bows modeled on the Asian style
      recurves characterized by static recurved limb tips, or Siyahs, with or
      without a cutout sight window.", that is only the definition of a Recurve in the Handbow category, not saying that it is a Period bow.

      I am a relatively new archery shooter, I have only been doing so for a little over a year, and I am still learning a lot of the basics and rules as a Jr. TAM, and your questions made me look back through the rules and double-check, and if something looks questionable, it is always good to ask questions and be sure!

      - IS,
              Iurii Levchenich
              Jr, TAM, Deputy to HL Johanna Trewpeny, Archery Marshal of Adiantum
              Arcuarius to Gawin of Kevelioc