      From: "David" <ater_seraph@...>
      To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, July 4, 2013 11:55:40 AM
      Subject: [SCA-Archery] Kingdom Bow Catagories

      Greetings fellow archers: I was wondering if your Kingdom has a different, ie more stringent, view on the "Traditional" or "period" longbow classification. I am from AnTir, and here ANY longbow made out of wood, is considered "Period" for the "Traditional" category. I find this sad at the least. If ANY modern, recurve, fiberglass longbow with an arrow rest is "Traditional", then why even have this category? Anyone that uses a medieval style English/Welsh longbow, ie stick bow, will start at a decided disadvantage. Discussion on this? I am curious, being new to SCA Archery, I was a Heavy for MANY years, and I'm kind of seeing a pattern here. Ideas, or stricter measures for what is considered 'Traditional'.?

      Symon Bearo

      (AnTir) Barnony of Adiantum

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic