      From: Guy Taylor <greenmanarrows@...>
      To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, July 4, 2013 12:27 PM
      Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] Kingdom Bow Catagories

      "...and here ANY longbow made out of wood, is considered "Period" for
      the "Traditional" category. I find this sad at the least. If ANY
      modern, recurve, fiberglass longbow with an arrow rest is
      "Traditional", then why even have this category? Anyone that uses a
      medieval style English/Welsh longbow, ie stick bow, will start at a
      decided disadvantage."

      Without actually trying to answer your questions, I do have an
      observation and a question that you have raised in my mind.
      Question: Why do you find it sad that any wood bow is considered "period?"
      Observation: The term stickbow can be lent to a generic wood bow, not
      just an ELB style bow. And, why do you feel that using an ELB puts the
      archer at a decided disadvantage? More difficult to learn, yes. Less
      accurate, not in the least.

      Taillear

      --
      The Greenman Archery <http://www.greenmanarchery.com/index.html> Website
      Fine custom wood arrows for traditional archers.

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic