33796RE: [SCA-Archery] SCA & Fita rules Re:Archery rules question

  • Nicholas Calabria
    Jul 2, 2013
      Siegfried and Janyn,

      Agreed .  Also when combat blunt arrows are used for target archery this is a very different dynamic to using
      points even for the same type of target.

      Add to this accuracy when moving compared to being stationary.  Each change tends to to change the skill requirement in
      some way which for me makes it more challenging, more interesting and more fun.

      Getting good in all areas would be nice.

      Just my 2c worth.

      Anselm da Calabria
      Barony of Ynys Fawr

      To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
      CC: janynfletcher@...
      From: siegfried@...
      Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2013 21:11:33 -0400
      Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] SCA & Fita rules Re:Archery rules question

      On 7/1/13 6:08 PM, Janyn Fletcher wrote:
      > here in Atlantia we value our novelty shoots and have seen time and time
      > again that many archers who excel at RR are much less effective at
      > novelty shoots

      Well said, but also the exact opposite has also often been seen. There
      are those archers who can excel at novelty shoots. But when pressed to
      try to get pinpoint accuracy at specific ranges (IE, a RR) ...

      Fall much shorter than their skill at Novelty Shoots would indicate :)

      Siegfried

      --
      Barun Siegfried Sebastian Faust, OP - Baron Highland Foorde - Atlantia