33795Re: [SCA-Archery] Archery rules question

  • Carolus
    Jul 1, 2013
      I can address this for Caid since I was there for the writing of the first handbook.  It was not consciously addressed because the majority of archers at the time came from the ranks of collegiate or avocational competitive shooters and it is an ingrained habit for them.  We always taught it to new archers and so was simply a part the the culture.  It simply wasn't a needed rule at the time.  The worry was not so much one of gaining an undeserved point as it was costing another archer a point they deserved.
      On 7/1/2013 10:30 AM, Suzanne Lacey wrote:

      I've seen some excited discussion of where exactly a line might be (I now use Sharpies to make novelty target lines very clear), but I've never seen any deliberate cheating in an SCA shoot. I agree that the loss of honor would be significant in our Society and never worth a point even if no one but the cheater knew. So, yes, most likely a deliberate omission.

      On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 9:32 AM, <drosen105@...> wrote:

      I believe it's a deliberate omission since the SCA is based on honor and chivalry

      Dave Rosen

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Bernhard Rohrer <graylion@...>
      To: SCA-Archery yahoogroups.com <SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Mon, Jul 1, 2013 11:38 am
      Subject: [SCA-Archery] Archery rules question

      Greetings good gentles

      I have just come back to SCA Archery after 10 year's abstention and have reread all rules to refamiliarise myself. I have noticed with interest that no rulset mentions a rule that all mundane archers have in flesh and blood - an arrow that got touched before it got scored does not count, as a touch can induce a line break. Is this an intentional ommission? If so, I would be interested in the intent behind it.

    • Show all 22 messages in this topic