33619Re: [SCA-Archery] Repair-O, Arrow-Fix tools ??

  • James Koch
    Jun 17, 2013
      Aelric,

      I could probably provide really light weight high strength aluminum tubes with an ID just right for splicing together broken wooden arrows.  Of course, depending where the break occurs, the weight distribution of the shaft and spine will be changed.  They'd likely work only with modern recurves.  Also, they wouldn't be legal for tournaments since they would be part modern.  Another alternative is to use carbon shafts for practice arrows and then switch to wood a couple weeks before an event.  The carbons hold up much better than wood.

      Jim Koch "Gladius The Alchemist"

      >At 10:13 PM 6/17/2013, you wrote:

      Was at a 3D shoot recently, complained about breaking my hand-made wooden arrows to a guy in my shooting party, and he said, "Maybe you oughtta try this thing they used to have called a 'Repair-O'"...

      I can't find "Repair-O" on the web, but I found this thing called "Arrow Fix."

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax35gk13ogo

      Anyone out there ever tried one? The video makes it look very easy, and shows good results - but propaganda is propaganda, ha ha ha...

      It's kinda like a "lazy man's footing jig," but that'd be all right by me if it works.

      Thoughts, annecdotes, opinions & options, and general spit-balling always aprreciated!

      ~ Aelric, West K.

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic