      From: htgalwm <topazdog@...>
      To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Fri, June 7, 2013 6:53:41 AM
      Subject: [SCA-Archery] Re: Guild group

      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "John R. Edgerton" <sirjon1@...> wrote:

      > Is anyone else interested in working on developing the guild? If so, please let us know and I will add you to the list.
      >
      > Jon

      Sir, If the group might find my input useful I would be happy to contribute. As an archer, my skill at hitting the mark is middling at best. As a craftsman, I have made a few bows and have some experience fletching as well. As a Member of the Society, I reside in the kingdom of Gleann Abhann and have served as a Marshal for both Target Archery and Thrown Weapons. Our Crown has seen fit to honor me with membership in our kingdom's Order of the Arrow and Bolt. I'm interested in improving my knowledge of historical archery methods and equipment (including the related crafts invovled in producing such equipment) and in sharing that knowlede with others. My current focus of study is the eastern European archers of the 800's - 900's to include Swedes, Finns, and Rus.
      Hollis Turnage OAB

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic