33163Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Who shoots "one eye shut?" Both eyes?

  • Doug Copley
    May 14, 2013
      Just FYI - Samuel ap Dewi (Ansteorra) shoots GAP and shoots 120+

      On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 6:12 PM, Oscar Van Loveren 000724 recon <oscar@...> wrote:
      I would like to add something to this discussion. I too
      have read Byron's book and agree that with a LOT, and I
      mean a LOT of practice one can learn to "be the arrow" and
      hit anything that moves without knowing the distance and
      without thinking about it.

      It is how most, if not all of our Grand Masters shoot.

      That said, not many have the time dedicated to learning to
      shoot like that. Gap shooting gives better results
      initially and quicker. I will accept the argument that you
      will never become someone who can shoot at anything
      anytime, but face it, most of our targets are at
      20-30-40-50-60 feet......

      So, if you have limited time, and want to become a
      reasonable shooter faster, and realize that you will never
      shoot 110+......

      Food for thought.

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      <*> Your email settings: