32904Re: SSAC Poll

  • ladyjohannatrewpeny
    Mar 30, 2013
      Is the sticker scratch and sniff?!?

      Ideas Abound!
      I would like to see the poll be up for at least a week next time, please. My internet access is limited and I was so afraid I'd miss the poll. Last poll was posted over Christmas, this one over SpringBreak/Easter. I know it's just accidental timing, but I'm guessing it's going to have a negative effect on participation and not reflect our society's actual interest.

      I'd also like to see the poll not be held in the very end of the season because I'd love to have the next shoot ready to go. That's hard for the target creators when the poll closes just hours before the new season opens.

      Perhaps the first 15 days of the third month of the season for the poll? That way even if it's a day or two late, over a holiday or any other snag, there would be enough time to see it is up and poke people. Curious marshals have enough time to go read the new ideas and put questions to the creators and get responses while the poll is open. Once chosen, with 15 days to prepare, the new shoot can be setup/crafted and ready to go on the day it officially opens!

      A perhaps crazed idea is adjusting the SSAC to a 2 month period rather than every 3.
      OR, try keeping the three months, but overlapping them so that the new shoot begins in the last month of the old.
      We could have shot the triangle all year, but my group did not enjoy the roundels. This type of preference could happen with any shoot/group and while the triangles went by so very fast the roundel season seemed to drag on interminably.
      I see that currently we have more ideas than we could shoot in the next year....or two and I doubt that we've exhausted the creativity of our Creative Society!

      Thoughtfully,
      Lady Johanna
      AnTirian Lady of the Bow
    • Show all 25 messages in this topic