      From: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com [mailto:SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of William Davis
      Sent: Friday, March 15, 2013 1:30 PM
      To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] Dear Western style archers- an open letter

      Giovanna,

      While I agree with your sentiment, I will have to disagree with your request.  It has nothing to do with you, or Eastern vs Western Archery, it has to do with safety concerns.  If the range Marshal(s) sees something that does not look correct, or possibly unsafe, he/she is obligated to step in and verify things.  The simple solution is that when you, or any other archers, who may use an unusual  bow and/or style, at check in, make sure that you mention this to the Marshal, so that he/she is aware of the altered style, then there is no need for any interruption.

      Gwilym