      From: "William Davis" <willied0296@...>
      To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, March 6, 2013 6:46:01 AM
      Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] What to do when you are always overspined?

      I too had a problem with arrow spine when I first started shooting.  I had 35 lb bow, so figured I should be using 35 lb arrows.  I actually bought 40-45 and they worked okay, but I too had to aim at the outside edge of the black ring, to achieve a center hit.  My next set of arrows, turned out to be poorly spined, ranging from 33 lb up to 50 lb, so they were all over the target.  I decided to change arrow suppliers and in doing so, discovered the following chart, which shows that I should be using arrows spined at around 50 lbs, so I ordered 50-55s.  My aim point is now dead center.

      http://www.allwoodarrows.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=1831

      If the link does not work, just go to Allwoodarrows.com, and click the spine chart link at bottom of the header banner.

      Gwilym of Fflint

    • Show all 22 messages in this topic