      bales into the ground kept the hay from falling over.

      Francois,
      Bonwicke, Ansteorra

      On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 1:09 AM, Chris Ivins <yuriilev@...> wrote:

      "with 3 or 4 bales stacked
      (4 Bales is about as high as is steady)
      (No fun when a stand or bales fall over )"

      On one of the outdoor ranges we built at a person's house a few year's ago, we used the farm-type "T" posts driven into the ground and tied to the bales(at the back side, of course) to help give some stability from falling over. - Iurii

      From: JDS <ren.touch@...>
      To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
      Cc: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, March 1, 2013 11:06 AM
      Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] Height of target

      Thank YOU William I had hoped you would answer.
      (& shoot well this year )

      For SCA & Home I usually base the target height
      on the butt & over shoot.

      As hay bales are often used I (& most)
      people try to set the bulls eye solidly
      in the center of a /the bale & not over a crack.

      with 3 or 4 bales stacked
      (4 Bales is about as high as is steady)
      (No fun when a stand or bales fall over )
      its usually about knee high
      for me  bull at ~20 Inches.

      I tend to put It lower on the beginners range
      to lessen over shoot.

      ON stands or larger butts Up to about the 54 inches
      mentioned by William. (Chest High) Any higher its hard(er)
      to pull arrows.

      I often tell people that the center of the target is always
      in the same relationship no matter the height
      its in the center.

      Good fortune shoot fun & safe

      Is
      Johann
      An Tir

      On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 9:49 AM, Bill Tait <arwemakere@...> wrote:

      This topic came up a few years ago. The SCA does not mandate any target heights in the ruleset. If you want _a_ standard to follow, USAA, World Archery, and every other National body has the center of a single target face 135cm (53 1/8") from the ground.

      William Arwemakere

      On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 8:58 AM, aelric_southlake <magnetcoil@...> wrote:

      Greetings, wondering about target heights, and any standards/rules thereof:

      SNIP

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to: