32757Height of target

  • aelric_southlake
    Mar 1, 2013
      Greetings, wondering about target heights, and any standards/rules thereof:

      We just moved to a place that has a bit over 20 yards clear space on the side of the house, and so, for the first time since I was a kid, I am actually able to practice in my own yard. (no more excuses now)Which means it is also the first time that I'm setting up a semi-permanent target that hasn't been already set up by someone at a range.

      Right now I'm using a U-Fill-It bag with a 60 cm target on it that is sitting on an old lawn chair. The next free weekend I have I'll be building a 2x4 stand to hang it from... Any particualr height I should be setting it at? That is, ground to center of bullseye measurement?

      Does that measurement change when you get out to 40, 60, 100 yrds?

      At both the outdoor and indoor ranges I'm familiar with, they seem to set the targets at fairly random heights, but they are clearly public, "practice" spaces - and beyond the few times I've accidently been there on a "league night," I've never seen how they set up for any formal tournament scenario.

      Thanks for reading and any responses,
      Aelric, West K.
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic