32731Re: target area Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Target

  • Bill Tait
    Feb 6, 2013
      You have no idea how often my brain twitches now at SCA events, watching people "flattening" a target face to see where the arrow is, relative to the scoring ring.

      William

      On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 1:01 PM, Doug Copley <doug.copley@...> wrote:

      I know I always try to give people the benefit of the doubt.

      Vincenti

      On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 2:28 PM, JDS <ren.touch@...> wrote:
      I am pretty sure that you would be OK with 23".
      & they might advertise It as 23 & actually be 23-24 "
      You can add some other foam or cardboard /wood/etc
      on the side.

      Most places I shoot the F I T A  paper target is
      glued or taped to card board so its still going
      to be stiff enough to support that <1%
      (If offset fully to one side a sliver 1/2" thick at
      its widest and at most ~4 inches long)
      of the target and take/show a hit.

      We are  Honorable enough that if some one did shoot
      in the sliver I think we can call it a point.

      Isttd & archery

      Johann
      An Tir

      The extra 1/2" doesn't really effect anything because it is actually outside the scoring area.

      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Doug Copley wrote:

      > That's a good price, unfortunately I would hate to buy them. The standard
      > FITA target that we use for Royal Rounds and IKACs have a diameter of
      > 23.5". If there was any way to get them as a 24 x 24 it would be great!
      >
      > This would be short changing anyone that shoots at them.
      >
      > Vincenti

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to: