      From: chris and sher <CTURK2@...>
      To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, February 5, 2013 7:11 PM
      Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] Target

      hi, tested and prooven, 6lb. ethafoam, or athletic foam. black or white , an a treated wood frame, 1 range outside for 5 years and could make another 5 with target rotation,
      this is the same materials used for the archery targets at n.o.w.m, by cleftlands.  around here we purchased at , american foam products, painsville oh. when purchased it was$ 49.00 per 2’x 94”. i cut into 3 2’x 33 3/8” pieces. use 2 pieces per target . ending up with a 4’ x 33” target face , mounted with zip strips. its good to put a another piece to double the thicknes on the 20 and 30 yard targets to prevent compound fractures.
      only needs to be wide enought to cover the wood , not the whole target face
      Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2013 5:09 PM
      We have been buying from a company called Technifoam out of St Louis MO.
      They do custom foam inlays for packing / shipping.
      You may check if there is some thing like it in your area.
      Bought 2 butts this year again,  6" x 48" x 54"  @ 2.2# dencity.  About $155.00 each.
      This is a self closing cell type foam.
      We will get at least 10,000 center shoots out of these before they start to sofen up.
      By rotating your target on the face of the butt =  Increase the number of shoots / life...
      No problems with rodents, retains little water, can be picked up and moved by most
      members shooting (they do not weight in like the saunders, nor soak up rain)
      Do cover them with burlep or some other cloth to get rid of the modern look.
      Too many laters of burlep will bounce an arrow ... One layer and your target has
      worked will for us.
      Master Thomas of Cologne
      Calontir Archer

      To: sca-archery@yahoogroups.com
      From: jphughessr@...
      Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 13:36:00 -0800
      Subject: [SCA-Archery] Target

      I proposed that my shire invest in saunders mats and faces so we could run royal rounds. People in the shire asked me to explore ways that we could make targets from foam that would last. Any suggestions??
      Charles O'Connor

      (Email Guard:, Virus/Spyware Database: 6.21020)

      (Email Guard:, Virus/Spyware Database: 6.21020)

    • Show all 24 messages in this topic