      From: lekervere <edwoodguy@...>
      To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2013 4:09 AM
      Subject: [SCA-Archery] Archery tournament in April

      This is probably too long a trip for most on this list, but if you're in the area, join us!

      Edward le Kervere

      April 28, 2013
      Archery Hunt and Novelty Shoot
      Shire of Windy Meads (Davis, CA)

      Hey ho, to the greenwood now let us go… Grab your bow and arrows and head for the woods in Windy Meads! The hunt is on. Be there Sunday, April 28 for this favorite among archery tournaments. Shooting will begin at 10:00AM with novelties on the target range. They pop up, walk, fly and explode. We'll spread out a lunch board at Noon. You may contribute a potluck dish for lunch, but contributions are not mandatory. After lunch there will be a long range shoot to the mark, followed by a hunt with foam animals on the field range. Tokens will be awarded for participation and for completing the scorecard. This event is novice and youth archer friendly. No compound bows (SCA rules). No crossbows (park rules). Some loaner equipment will be available.
      Site Information: Yolo Bowmen Archery Club, Yolo Grasslands Regional Park, event opens at 9:00 AM, closes at 6:00 PM. There is a $5 fee payable to Yolo Bowmen for each shooter, 12 years old and under shoot free. Non-shooters are free. Donations to the shire will be gladly accepted.
      Autocrat: Edward le Kervere (Ed Caughie) (530)668-6478 / edwoodguy@...
      Directions: Online maps have been unreliable (like miles off). Take I-80 to Davis. Exit at Mace Blvd. and then proceed south on Mace 4 miles. Mace becomes County Road 104. At Tremont Road, turn left into the parking lot.

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic