      From: Marie Cowan <marieann72@...>
      To: "SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com" <SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com>
      Cc: "SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com" <SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com>; "SCA-MissileCombat@yahoogroups.com" <SCA-MissileCombat@yahoogroups.com>; "SCA-West-Archery@yahoogroups.com" <SCA-West-Archery@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tue, January 8, 2013 10:37:09 PM
      Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] SCA wide archery newsletter?

      More information on the technical side available yet?

      Marie

      On Jan 8, 2013, at 10:42 PM, John Edgerton <sirjon1@...> wrote:

      I have learned that the BoD is considering acting on a request I sent then last July. This request was to set up the sca electronic newsletter site to allow society wide newsletters for the various SCA activities such as martial, arts and sciences and service, etc.  Of particular interest to us is an archery newsletter. This is in addition to the supplemental newsletters that kingdoms can put out. Changes will have to be made to the web site to allow this to be done.

      So, since this is likely to happen, we should consider what the archery community can do make this work. We will need a group to manage and edit the newsletter and to encourage submissions to it. It can have information on archery events,current scores for society wide competitions, short useful bits of information and reviews of suppliers and books as well as articles, photos and archery art. And anything else that would be appropriate. It would contain both target archery and combat archery information.  The information in such a newsletter would be useful to many archers and could also demonstrate a sense of archery community.

      I hope we have some people in this group that are interested in working on such a project. I can provide some articles for it.  However, I have no background in publishing newsletters.

      Please crosspost this to any local archery groups and give them subscription information for this group.