32546Re: [SCA-Archery] Proposed Rules For New Grand Archery Shoot "Schutzenfest"

  • Jonathas
    Jan 5, 2013

      Siegfried,

      That was added so that in locations that do not draw many archers it would be possible to hold the same shoot at several events such that the combined total of archers would be enough.  We are lucky in Atlantia that the vast majority of our archery events have enough archers to qualify.

      Jonathas

      On Jan 5, 2013 9:12 AM, "Siegfried" <siegfried@...> wrote:

      Allow me to clarify - as my words may have been confusing since this is a "any shoot can qualify" thing.

      Primarily I meant the nature that this is still standardized in the nature of "create a shoot that can be run at 2-3 events" - Which encourages identical shoots at events, vs unique ones that are encouraged in our area.

      As people are not typically excited to drive 3hrs just to shoot the same thing they did last weekend.

      :-)

      Siegfried

      On Jan 5, 2013, at 9:07 AM, Siegfried <siegfried@...> wrote:

      Also it would probably guarantee that the shoot get little traction in areas (such as Atlantia) that have prided themselves at havin unique interesting shoots at events. And keeping "stock" shoots (RR, IKAC, Winter) primarily at practices.

      Siegfried

      On Jan 4, 2013, at 10:18 PM, Bill Tait <arwemakere@...> wrote:

      One question:

      "To be official, the competition must be shot at an event listed on the Calendar of the kingdom in which it will be held.  Unlike Royal Round and IKAC shoots, GATs may not be shot at practices or unofficial gatherings even if enough participants are present.  This rule has been added to assure the maximum number of participants the opportunity to compete."

      Huh? This would actually reduce the number of possible competitors. We have a number of archers who only get to 2 or 3 events per year, but can attend weekly practices. Don't get me wrong, I support having "At events only" shoots for ranking, it's just your statement doesn't make sense.

      William Arwemakere

      On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 6:24 PM, Jim Pickette <pickette@...> wrote:

      Dear Gladius -
      This is a great help to those who wish GOA and related awards. How does it help the un-ranked ?

      JoO
      Calontir

    • Show all 29 messages in this topic