32460Re: [SCA-Archery] Iberian archery gear....

  • Jim Pickette
    Dec 4, 2012
      By late in 'our' period crossbows were honored and Masters of Crossbowmen were very honored.
      In the eleventh and twelvth centuries they wer not honored, just peasants, and not much mentioned in histories.

      JoO

      ---- "J. Hughes" <jphughessr@...> wrote:
      > Throughout Portugeuse history in period I would suspect they shared with the rest of the Iberian pensulia the use of the crossbow. That included both the Christian kingdoms and Islamic Emirates. I will post to the files a picture of an Portuguese crossbow used by a 16th king of Portugal.
      >
      > Charles O'Connor.

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic