32438Re: [SCA-Archery] fast shooting Russian lady archer

  • David Nolan
    Nov 29, 2012
    • 1 Attachment
    • 23 KB
    There's a good picture of it at 1:05. The arrow is on the left side of the bow, and the hand is inverted, with the arrow nock pinched between the thumb and index finger and the remaining fingers pulling on the string. Since it's essentially an 'upside down thumb draw' it makes sense that this would clamp the arrow against the bow while remaining on the left-hand side, similar to shooting with a thumbring and the arrow on the right-hand side of hte bow.

    I wish I spoke the language...I'm interested in what the poundage of the bow is.

    Aengus O'Nolan

    On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 3:23 PM, John Edgerton <sirjon1@...> wrote:

    A new video showing the fast shooting red headed Russian lady archer.  Take a good look at her grip and release on the string.