32410Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: New archery history book

  • John Edgerton
    Nov 23, 2012
      I agree. I read "The Great Warbow" or "The Grey Goose Shaft" and other large tomes in my easy chair nest to my archery bookcase. Sometimes I will prop it up on one my dogs in my lap.

      However, "The Great Warbow" is well foot noted and has a large bibliography. And is really much more informative and accurate than most "Coffee table books". Though it does have a large number of illustrations.

      Jon

      On Nov 23, 2012, at 11:44 AM, James of the Lake wrote:

      > I have it (Strickland and Hardy) -- seems like a very thorough book, but heavy to hold and it struck me as rather dry reading. It's more like a "coffee-table" book. No Kindle edition. Hard to get through whereas Soar's books, The Crooked Stick_, and _Secrets of the English War Bow_, were informative and more readable (and easier to read in the bathroom where I don't take the Kindle. ;-)
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic