32407Re: New archery history book

  • edmund_penyngton
    Nov 23, 2012
      Thank you both for this information! I've been looking through our local library for books on Medieval archery without much success, but both of these look like very valuable sources of information.

      Yet another reason to break down and buy a Kindle... >_>

      -Edmund of Penyngton

      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, James of the Lake <jotl2008@...> wrote:

      > Yes! I especially liked his treatment of period target archery. It now apears to be available for Kindle, too.
      >
      > James
      >
      > On Nov 22, 2012, at 7:04 PM, John Edgerton wrote:
      >
      > > Yes, "With a Bended Bow" was hard on my eyes also. But, an informative read.
      > >

      > > Jon
      > > On Nov 22, 2012, at 12:51 PM, James of the Lake wrote:
      > >

      > >> Thanks, Sir Jon!
      > >>

      > >> "the small font makes for slow reading for me"
      > >>
      > >> That's the same problem I have with Eric Roth's book. Fortunately, the Kindle version of Wadge has the advantage of enlarging the font size. And I don't have to store another paper book.
      > >>
      > >> James

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic